Are you looking for Bible verses about backbiting and gossip? We have compiled the best list of the most common Bible verses about backbiting and gossip that you will find anywhere on the internet.
We hope that this list of Bible verses about backbiting and gossip will be helpful to you and your study.
27 Convicting Bible Verses About Backbiting and Gossip.
Old Testament Bible Verses About Backbiting and Gossip
- Prov 25:23 The north wind driveth away rain: so doth an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.
- Lev 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
- Prov 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
- Prov 18:8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- Prov 20:19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
- Prov 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
- Prov 26:22 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- Exod 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
- Exod 23:1 Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.
- Deut 5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
- Deut 19:16 If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
- Deut 19:18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
- Prov 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- Prov 12:17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
- Prov 14:5 A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.
- Prov 19:5 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.
- Prov 19:9 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.
- Prov 21:28 A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.
- Prov 25:18 A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.
- Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
New Testament Bible Verses About Backbiting and Gossip
- Matt 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
- Matt 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
- Matt 26:59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
- Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
- Mark 14:56 For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.
- Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
You should check out this GREAT ARTICLE – “11 Vital Surviving Infidelity Guidelines for Anyone“
We hope that this article on Bible verses about backbiting and gossip has been helpful to you.